Monday, June 8, 2009

Last post until Wednesday


Today is Addie's ninth birthday! We will have spaghetti, ceasar salad, and texas toast for dinner, with make your own sundae's for dessert!

After that, Jeff and I will head off to meet Nevaeh...will bring back more pics as well. The next time we see her should be to bring her home.

Got up at 3 AM, wonder why I am not sleeping?? Anyway, Made a scrap page, so I will post it here.....the web version has an extra flower (right on Annie's foot, LOL!) but I did correct that in the print version.
So heres a funny, dear freind Loren tells my husband that the old electrical thingies we found redoing the kitchen are worth money. (house was originally wired in the early 1900's) the house has been rewired since, but noone removed the old stuff. So Jeff decides to remove it and make a few bucks, ambitious right? Yeah, well but when he's done, Meg says "Mom, why won't the light turn on in my room?" I tell her how odd that is as all the fixtures in the house have the bulbs that will last until the second coming of Christ. Jeff asks her if the ceilinig fan works. Nope.
Whoops, guess he cut some wires added AFTER the early 1900's. Jeff spends a couple of days fixing this, as the parlor and dining room lights also don't work. Well imagine how happy he ws to get those fixed. So I go upstairs to put away the boys laundry and notice two things 1) the light in the landing doesn't work. b) the light in the boys' room doesn't work. I didn't laugh. That would have been wicked. Later, Jeff points out to me that if I plan on using the second floor bathroom, I better do so before the sun goes down, guess what, no light :0)
He told me this morning he was going to get the lights on the second floor working. I thought that was a nice idea, but we are leaving town today, and at this rate, the second floor would be fixed, but the bedrooms on the third floor would have no power. I told him (in no uncertain terms) this project would have to wait until we come home :0)

1 comment:

  1. oh deanna.. too funny! can't wait to hear all about your trip to see your new little one!

    ReplyDelete