Monday, June 15, 2009

Where is my husband???


Men are good for many things, among them, procreation and fixing stuff when things go wrong. One of my children opened the vent on the roof of the bus. They failed to tell me and/or to close it. So here is me, pulling into the carwash today, when I hear a crunch and a bang. Well, the crunch was the sound of the hinges being ripped off the bus, the bang was the vent cover landing on the ground about 20 feet behind us. Most every man I know is out of town. Now don't get me wrong, I can operate most tools, and know many women who can, i just don't personally have the ability to creativly attach the vent cover (to keep out the rain) nor do I know a woman who does. Tommorow I can work on getting replacement parts to fix it properly, but without those replacement parts, getting the vent cover on securely is out of my scope. The blessing is, I found a man I know who has ability and is not in Kentucky or Montana at the moment, he will stop over tonite and pop it in for me...although I am dying to know how he will secure it, LOL! I might have to photograph this, just for posterity, as well as to remind the children why we ALWAYS shut the vent, LOL!
Did one more page today, Scrap matters is releasing a super fun grab bag for only 5 dollars, and I got to play with it today as part of the design team, everthing but the flowers and the ribbon (scrappy shannon) are from the kit, tons more stuff I didn't use, I have actually already scrapped these pics, but the word art was just beggint for these photos of Gabbie, Brittany and Isaih last spring.....

2 comments:

  1. OH my what a day you had.. but your layout is stunning, I just stumbled on your blog and can tell right away that i will pop in often. I haven't done much digi scrapping lately , love paper too much. but after seeing this I will have to get in there again. hope your bus gets fixed soon. have a great weekend. Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny about the bus... LOL u lead one exciting life, I tell ya.. LOL great layouts Deanna.. u are amazing!

    ReplyDelete