Sunday, May 17, 2009

It's a GIRL!!











Yes, we got the call! We are blessed enought o be Nevaeh's forever family! Have not gotten to meet her yet (which is typcial) Have been keeping myself busy buying clothes, setting up a bedroom space for her, all the things you typically do to get ready for a new child, I guess I am nesting as my freind Rita put it, LOL!
Of course, there was scrapbooking involved, tommorow I will mail Nevaeh's worker a scrapbook for her. There is one page for every member of our family. The pages are done in a large format as Nevaeh is visually impaired, so I stuck with close up shots of each of us and kept the embellies simple to avoid visual overstimulation....Some of the pages are posted today. The left side is fairly empty as I will be laminating the pages and binding them into a book with my "yourstory" Machine. I should be able to post a photo of Nevaeh later today, she is gorgeous, of course!!!!
I should tell you as well that the awesome frames and chipboard words are from haynay designs, available at scrapmatters, they are actually really fun ditressed solid colors, I just needed them to match the crazy bright colors I was using due to Nevaeh's visual impairment, but I do ADORE these as it! The distressing on them is too fun! Check them out here: http://scrapmatters.com/shop/product.php?productid=1871&cat=0&page=1

2 comments:

  1. this is such a great idea, she is gonna love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, my family use to foster and the kids just love to scrap.. and I have so many daycare kids that love to do it as well and keep on comming back to me for more fun. My 3 year old in so into it , it is a great outlet and a great way to keep the memories as you may know in full photo's. She will just love this, a great way to welcome her into your family!!

    ReplyDelete