Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Update....


Haven't posted in awhile, but here it goes. Just got back from retreat with an AMAZING group of women.....wonderful to have so much time with my dear freind Sandy, as well as other like Bonnie, Yvonne, Amber and Cheryl. Great to cut loose a little and giggle like schoolgirls.

After a 5 year battle, our dear daughter Annie was finally able to get a spot at the Academy for the Blind. The Academy was not the problem, the typical school did not want to release my daughter. Most families have this problem with accesing the Academy for the Deaf or the Academy for the Blind. Most turn to attorneys as we did. Anyway, Annie will start there with summer school, but got to spend a day there with her para, I sent the camera along and got lots of wonderful pics back! I scrapped some thhis weekend, but this is the one that made me cry. My daughter is on the left. She is being led down the hall by a new freind. I loved it. It spoke to my joy of finally having an educational environment for Annie that really suits her needs, where she can thrive....so I am posting that layout.

Got the call we have been waiting for, on June 9 we get to meet our new daughter, Nevaeh. We will make a transition plan at that time and should have some idea of when we can bring her home. The kids (and us) are all antsy to get her home, but we DO know she is getting good care where she is now (not all our kids had that benefit) so that brings me some peace about the waiting.

Also made Birthmom a scrapbook this weekend. She is really hurting and scared right now. I am hoping the book eases her fears a bit. We are under no legal obligation to maintain contact, she knows nothing of our family and is understandably very frightened right now.

Also, remember, digiridooscraps has thier grand opening on June 5! They are now live now, so if you haven't checked them out do so!

Blessings to you all! -DeAnna

1 comment:

  1. D, love this layout... treasure it always.. xo bonnierose

    ReplyDelete