Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Nevaeh


We got potentially exciting news today. We are being interviewed to adopt a little girl named Nevaeh. Read that name backwards.....yep, Heaven. She turned 4 about two weeks ago. We don't know much about her but her age and a beautiful picture I have of her (I am not allowed to post for privacy reasons)

The kids are jazzed about it, they would love to have 10 more sibs. I am up for whatevever God has planned. I stopped trying to guess years ago, as i never would have guessed I would have nine kids, I never would have guessed I would EVER digitally scrapbook, and BLOGGING?? No way! "Be still and know that I am God". I am working on that one, being still is not my stronguit :0)

Waiting is tough.....May 7th will come though, faster than I think. The hardest part we went through in adoption was waiting to bring our kids home once we knew they were ours. There is song (Christian, of course) that goes:


Cuz I just want to be with you

Just want this waiting to be over.

I just want to be with you

And it helps to know the day's getting closer.

Every minute takes an hour

every inch feels like a mile,

till I won't have to imagine ,

and i finally get to see you smile


You can see it on Youtube here:


The song really embodies the angst i felt while waiting to bring my kids home. It was toughest with the second adoption, as we had to keep bringing the kids back to a situation we knew was bad. During that time, this song would come on the radio, and i would have to pull over the car to compose myself.

God tell us to be "anxious for nothing". I am going to work on that.

Now, what to post for scrapping today??? Let me check my scrap files and see what I find :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment